Kids have always swallowed objects not intended for ingestion! As long as the object was small, smooth, and harmless the standard physician response has been, "This too will pass." Supermagnets have changed these rules. Neodymium magnets attract each other with formidable force. One magnet may indeed be easily passed, two or more can bind across the bowel wall causing bowel ulceration, perforation, and peritonitis. Without prompt care death can result.
PositiveTip: Watch this educational video and share it with your friends. It could save a life!