Influenza is hitting the United States harder this year than in some past years. If you or a family member have it, here are five simple things you should do:
- Stay home to encourage healing and protect others from exposure.
- Rest as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water.
- Eat sparingly and lightly: include broths, soup, toast, fruit, etc.
- Use a humidifier to ease stuffy noses and relieve coughs.
PositiveTip: To prevent a relapse, resist the urge to go back to work too quickly.