Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has just released updated H1N1 guidelines for schools (K-12) during the coming academic year.
If the virus show the same severity as last spring the advice is:
- Ill students and staff should remain at home for 24 hours after they are free of fever (without use of fever-lowering drugs);
- Those who are sick at school should be separated from others until they can be sent home.
- Students and staff should be screened on arrival at school and sent home if ill;
- People at high risk for complications or with ill household members should stay home;
- Sick people should stay home for at least 7 days, even if they become asymptomatic.
PositiveTip: Keep your family’s immune system strong by wise and healthful lifestyle choices. It’s best way of preventing future illness.