It is very hot out there with a real risk of heat-related illnesses. Here are some simple tips to help you stay safe and healthy:
- Drink more water than usual and don’t wait to feel thirsty.
- Dress in light-colored and loose-fitting clothes.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated, and sugar-sweetened drinks which can dehydrate you.
- Stay inside when it is really hot. If you don’t have AC a fan and wet rags can help.
- Schedule outside activities for the coolest parts of the day–don’t push yourself in the heat.
PositiveTip: Check out these excellent infographics on the warning signs for heat stroke and heat exhaustion.