Much is being written about the current measles outbreak in the U.S.--from both sides. Paul Marantz MD, MPH, an epidemiologist at Albert Einstein College of Medicine says there are five easy steps to cause a measles epidemic:
- "Raise a generation ignorant about science
- Allow [irrational] belief to rule the day
- Let distrust of government override good judgment
- Put our faith in quacks who share our worldviews
- Value personal liberty at the expense of public health"
PositiveTip: Powerful trends in society may be dangerous to our health.